The Microstrip Trainer presents the basic principles and techniques of microstrip components and technology simply and comprehensively.
Only some elementary electronics knowledge is assumed.
Background theory and structured, stand-alone assignments are provided for:
- Power source and detector action.
- Action of 3-port circulator.
- Insertion loss measurement.
- Return loss, reflection coefficient and VSWR measurements.
- Matching investigations.
- Properties of a power divider and rat-race coupler.
- Dielectric constant & line loss measurements.
- dc biasing and MIMIC amplifier investigations.
- PIN diode modulator investigations.
- Microwave radio link and antenna investigations.
The Microstrip Trainer contains 18 passive components and 3 active microstrip circuits.
The hardware is of high quality construction and is designed to be used with basic test equipment. Realistic, quantitative results can be obtained.
Contact italtec for further information or send a fax to the N. +39 02 90 720 227.